Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 tacos
- 1 lb tilapia fillets, rinsed and pat dried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mission Carb Style tortillas–made into tacos by inverting a muffin tin and after spraying with Pam, inserting the tacos between the muffin mounds and then bake for 12 minutes in a 375 oven
- 1 medium haas avocado, sliced
- lime wedges and cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic. Mix well.
- Place tilapia on the skillet and cook until the flesh starts to flake. Add jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice. Sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the fish with the spoon to get everything mixed well; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas on a skillet a few minutes on each side to warm (no oil needed). Serve a little over 1/4 cup of fish on each warmed tortillas with a slice or 2 of avocado and enjoy!
I like it spicy, so I chop up the jalapeños whole, seeds and all but you can tone it down to suit your taste.