- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 5 teaspoons McCormicks fajita seasoning mix ( in the packet)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil–extra virgin fine here
- 1/4 cup vinegar ( red wine vinegar for beef fajitas or white wine vinegar for chicken fajitas)
- 1 seeded chopped habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of McCormicks spicy McCormick’s Montreal Brand steak seasoning, for beef fajitas (found in the seasoning section at the grocery store) or 1 teaspoon Montreal roasted garlic chicken seasoning, for chicken fajitas ( found in the seasoning section at the grocery store)
The Peppers and Onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow sweet onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil–NOT extra virgin
- cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- Mix all marinade ingredients and pour over the meat (you can put it all in a large zip-lock).
- Marinate at least two hours or overnight.
- Grill meat until cooked through.
- Slice meat into strips.
- Heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil (not extra virgin) in a saute pan on the stove and begin sauteeing the onions over medium heat.
- Cook until soft.
- Add the peppers and continue to cook until peppers are soft and onions are beginning to brown and crisp.
- Serve on Mission Carb Balance Flour Tortillas, add meat then peppers & onions & any of the optional toppings.
*Note from Mennen: At first I thought this was just an ad for McCormick, but after trying this I did not care. We make fajitas once/week, alternating between chicken and meat. Also, caution when cutting up the habeneros–wear rubber gloves.
And, credit to Heidi Sue for this recipe.