- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 large Roma tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. each salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a large knife or a cleaver, slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise down the middle. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and center strings.
- Drizzle the two halves with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the squash, open side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, check to see if the squash is soft and easily comes up with a fork into a spaghetti like texture. If it’s too hard to remove, cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, scrape and fluff the stringy squash with a fork. Leave the squash in the skin.
- Turn the oven up to broil. Add the tomatoes and fresh basil into the squash, stir and top with the mozzarella cheese. Place in the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving the squash.
There are many other recipes for spaghetti squash over the Internet, this one came from here.
Thanks to Debbi Ascher for showing this to us.