- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 slices low carb** bread
- 2 slices deli sliced corned beef** or ham or roast beef, etc.
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 2 ounces Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle on medium heat.
- Lightly butter one side of bread slices. Spread non-buttered sides with Thousand Island dressing. On one bread slices, layer 1 slice Swiss cheese, 2 slices corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut and second slice of Swiss cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides out.
- Grill sandwiches until both sides are golden brown, then finish it off in the microwave on high for 45 seconds, turning over halfway through. Serve hot.
**Please note: Schmidt’s 647 (above) is the preferred low carb bread, and corned beef is the preferred deli meat for a Reuben.
The sandwiches need not be grilled; a small frying pan will do very well.